1.13.2012

Adore A Door

I have an obsession with doors. So much that my even my friends send me photos of them. I once saw an exhibit in Mammoth by a local photographer that simply traveled the world taking photos of interesting and beautiful doors and windows. So, when I traveled to Europe, I did just the same. I don't know why I never posted some of them, but never late than never.

To me, doors are more than a literal entrance into the home. The staging of a door is everything. You pick a color that reflects your typical mood and style, a material that places you somewhere between modern and rustic influence, and even decorations that show your spirit and interest. Doors can be stunning and they are certainly revealing. Here are a few of my favorites that I came across, and I'm always on the lookout for more.