3.21.2012

Coachella Costuming


One of the only things keeping me (1) sane and (2) from devouring pastries during finals week, is the impending arrival of COACHELLA in less than a month! And even though last year was my first time at the festival, I can't help but feel as if it is one of my own most prized possessions. Everything about it, from the atmosphere to the artists, is incredible. It's an experience you walk away from feeling privileged to have been a part of. Needless to say, I expect this year will be no different and as I bring along some first-time friends, I thought I would do a few posts on what to expect and prepare for, like hygiene products, accessories, music choices, etc. The first of which is fashion!

Coachella fashion is easy. It consists of pieces that are comfortable, airy, and natural. Obviously the big trends in this include crochet, lace, denim, leather, and gemstones. Here are some of the basic looks I would say are perfect for three days in Indio:

Free People Nearly Famous Shift Dress

Nasty Gal Graphic & Coral Hot Pants

Zinke Lace Crop

F21 Crochet Knitted Dress

Nasty Gal Denim Shorts & Crop Top
(similar to one of my own choices)

LC Crochet Top

O'neill Naomi Dress

Nordstrom Aimee Lynee Tube & Turquoise Necklace
F21 Fringe Bag
F21 Suede Boots

O'neill Mindi Sandals
F21 Colorblock Sunglasses
F21 Wool Fedora