3.02.2012

Touring Tees


We all love a good graphic tee. They add a pop of color or statement to any outfit and they're usually never suspect of clashing. However as unique as they can make your ensemble, my only problem with graphic tees arises with the handful of mass produced sayings, logos, and pictures. No matter how different, indie, or unique that graphic from Forever 21 looks, they're all the same and who knows how many people are wearing exactly what you are at a given time.

So, if you're going to opt for layering a graphic tee, buy one that means something to you. That's why I love band shirts. Of course you can buy a vintage Led Zeppelin shirt at any chain store as well, and while they are a legendary band, that shirt isn't authentic. My suggestion: purchase a tee from one of your favorite bands that is touring right now. If you feel weird about wearing the shirt without actually attending the concert, you can also buy their basic promotional band tee. Music festivals, like Coachella, are awesome places to find uniquely designed band or singer shirts, but you can also buy online from merchandise stores. I searched for a few of my current favorites and found some awesome graphics that I can wear not only to support the music I love, but to represent a facet of my own interests through style. Even if millions of people are wearing a Radiohead shirt, at least I know their good taste extends beyond their wardrobe :)

Arctic Monkeys Rising Sun T-shirt


The Black Keys Van Shirt


RHCP Handshake Shirt


Radiohead Grey Lightning Tee


Limited Edition Kings of Leon Tee


Foo Fighters Wasting Light T-shirt


The Foals Block Tee


Mumford & Sons Window Boxes T-shirt


The Strokes Flag Tee