9.03.2012

The Art of the Book


The Artists' Union Gallery in Ventura has put together a special exhibit celebrating "contemporary, traditional, and unusual book art." Until October 7th, you can view all the artwork crafted by local artists. Strolling among the pieces and flipping through the pages of each person's perspective on what literature can be or represent, I couldn't help but feel inspired to reimagine my own interpretation of what a novel really is. The exhibit goes to show: stories can be told through mediums of any form or substance.








(loved this idea of stenciling over published books)









One of my favorites by local artist, Julie Merrill, inspired me to refocus my ideas about writing my own book about Two Trees. They're such an iconic piece of Ventura history. Her watercolor book (below) was beautiful.