12.25.2013

Santa Barbara Staycation


Sometimes a bite from the travel bug doesn't have to mean a flight across country and itinerary full of unseen landmarks. Sometimes our desire to travel just stems from our need for a vacation itself; a chance to relax and close the mind.

Whenever my boyfriend visits from NYC, we try to plan a weekend trip or getaway. However with a short visiting window during the holidays, he surprised me with a special "staycation" instead. We headed just 15 miles north of my house in Santa Barbara for The Bacara Resort & Spa in Goleta.

I have to say, The Bacara was everything I thought it would be. Sunsets from the balcony, grounds covered with palms, Spanish courtyards in every villa, and sparking pools with a view of the ocean. Just one night at The Bacara and I was reminded of the paradise all around me.

Sometimes we just need to adjust our perspective. There's something special about escaping the everyday and giving into the world that entices those tourists you normally roll eyes at. Who knew that just a few miles could mean a world of difference?